Barcelona have been handed a huge boost as injured stars Pedri and Frenkie de Jong are closing in on a return.
Pedri, who has been sidelined for around two months, initially hoped to recover ahead of Clasico, but a setback prevented him from returning.
De Jong, who picked up an injury against Celta Vigo last month, was spotted training ahead of the game but failed to receive the medical green light.
Although Barca managed to alleviate their injury crisis with Robert Lewandowski, Raphinha and Jules Kounde returning, they fell short against their arch-rivals over the weekend.
Despite drawing first blood through Ilkay Gundogan’s goal, Barca surrendered their lead in the second half, with Jude Bellingham netting a double to win it 2-1 for Real Madrid.
The reaction to the defeat has been split, with Xavi claiming that his side deserved to win, while midfielder Gundogan called out his fellow teammates to show more discontent with the result.
Los Blancos are at the top of the table, while the Blaugrana were pushed down to fourth place following Atletico Madrid’s victory over Alaves last night.
The defeat also ended Barca’s unbeaten streak across all competitions this season, but they will look to bounce back soon.
The away clash against Sociedad presents a tough challenge, but Barca will fancy themselves with potential return of Pedri and De Jong.
- Morning Mix: Kelleher must shine for Liverpool, time running out for Burnley manager
- This Week In Football: Dortmund conquer the group of death, Tigres lift sixth title in six years & more
- Big update on ‘excellent’ Arsenal star, agreement ‘expected’ in due course
- Top 10 football predictions for 2024
- Preview: Manchester City vs Tottenham Hotspur – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Newcastle United vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Maguire & Sterling nominated for November Premier League POTM award
- Ten Hag, Howe, Iraola, Edwards up for Premier League MOTM award
- Man City FFP trial scheduled for late next year
- Three positives from Manchester United’s disappointing 3-3 draw against Galatasaray