However, as per journalist Vicky Davila, the mother of the 26-year-old has been rescued, but his father is still missing.
The winger’s parents were reportedly abducted in the town of Barrancas in La Guajira.
Luis Manuel Diaz and Cilenis Marulanda were reportedly at a service station when assailants on motorbikes took them.
Diaz’s mother has been rescued by the police, but they are still searching for his father.
The director of the police General William Salamanca confirmed that he has deployed intelligence agents and other police departments to quickly recover Manuel Diaz.
The governor of La Guajira Diala Wilches also condemned the kidnapping and appealed for their safe return.
She said: “To the kidnappers – we demand that they return them immediately, safe and sound.”
Diaz has been a key player for Liverpool after joining the club from Porto in January 2022.
Since he arrived at Anfield, he has scored 14 goals in 58 appearances across all competitions.
He has made an impressive start to the 2023-24 season, scoring twice in nine Premier League.
Diaz was part of the matchday squad in Liverpool’s recent 5-1 victory over Toulouse in the Europa League.
- Pep Guardiola denies City are reliant on Rodri but the stats disagree
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Man Utd boss Ten Hag scoops Premier League MOTM award
- This Week In Football: Last-minute UWNL drama, Santos relegated & more
- Morning Mix: Arsenal face acid test at Villa, Chelsea boss has no excuses
- Arsenal or Liverpool: Who is better placed to beat Man City to the title?
- Copa America 2024 draw: Argentina to face Chile, Brazil and USMNT discover their groups
- Four reasons PSV Eindhoven are overtaking Ajax on and off the pitch
- Matip out for the rest of the season – what do Liverpool do now?
- How has extra added time changed Premier League results?