Carlo Ancelotti’s side defeated the Catalans 2-1 after Jude Bellingham scored twice, including one in injury time.
However, the thrilling Clasico game has been marred by allegations that Vinicius suffered racial abuse as he was substituted at the end of the second half.
Videos have emerged on social media showing supporters directing abuse at the Brazilian at the Estadi Olímpic Lluís Companys.
The Spanish league has acknowledged the incident and said they are investigating the matter.
They released a statement reading: “La Liga has been working from the outset to identify the individuals involved in making racist insults and will file the relevant charges as is always the case.
“We are coordinating with the Mossos d’Esquadra [Catalan police] and FC Barcelona.”
According to ESPN, the league contacted Vinicius’ camp to discuss the matter.
Barcelona released a statement promising their cooperation with the investigation.
The Catalans said: “Barcelona will always defend the values of football and sport such as respect for the opponent and we will investigate any racist insult that may have occurred this afternoon during the match against Real Madrid.”
This is not the first time Vinicius has been targeted by rival fans in the last 12 months.
The most recent incident happened last week at Sevilla’s Ramón Sánchez Pizjuán Stadium, where a supporter made a racist gesture towards him.
However, the Brazilian later praised the Rojiblancos for reacting quickly and ejecting the so-called fan from their stadium.
Another major racism incident against Vinicius took place in May when several Valencia followers aimed racially aggravated insults towards him.
- Manchester City back on track after 2-1 victory over Luton Town
- Aston Villa 1-0 Arsenal: Bailey goal extends Villains’ unbeaten home run
- Pep Guardiola denies City are reliant on Rodri but the stats disagree
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Man Utd boss Ten Hag scoops Premier League MOTM award
- This Week In Football: Last-minute UWNL drama, Santos relegated & more
- Morning Mix: Arsenal face acid test at Villa, Chelsea boss has no excuses
- Arsenal or Liverpool: Who is better placed to beat Man City to the title?
- Copa America 2024 draw: Argentina to face Chile, Brazil and USMNT discover their groups
- Four reasons PSV Eindhoven are overtaking Ajax on and off the pitch