Tottenham Hotspur are flying high in the Premier League this season.
Manager Ange Postecoglou has completely changed the mood at the club following a spectacular start to the 2023-24 season.
Spurs’ improvement is surprising considering they lost Harry Kane this summer.
Such an impressive start to the campaign has sparked a discussion over whether Tottenham can spring a surprise by winning the Premier League title.
Former Manchester United defender Gary Neville is impressed with Spurs but doesn’t believe they have enough quality to win their first league title in over half a century.
When asked if Tottenham are potential title winners, Neville told Sky Sports: “I don’t think they are.
“I believe this is something that will settle down in the next few months, but if for some reason the rest of the teams aren’t quite there and Tottenham, who are not in Europe and out of the Carabao Cup, keep their players fit, they could have an exceptional season.
“If they are in contention in January and up there, then why wouldn’t they try and boost the squad slightly to have a go at it, because if City aren’t quite there or Arsenal slip up, why wouldn’t you have a go at it?
“However, I don’t think they have a good enough squad or are a good enough team to win the league. But what they are doing at this moment in time is exceeding all expectations of where they would be. Postecoglou is doing a great job for them.”
Kane’s summer departure suggested Tottenham were in for a difficult campaign, but they have produced fantastic results with Postecoglou’s attacking brand of football.
However, it is too early to suggest they are Premier League title contenders.
Manchester City have lost two matches in the English top flight this term, but they are still favourites to defend their league crown.
Arsenal are also in contention following their summer spending spree to bring in Declan Rice, Jurrien Timber and Kai Havertz.
- Morning Mix: Kelleher must shine for Liverpool, time running out for Burnley manager
- This Week In Football: Dortmund conquer the group of death, Tigres lift sixth title in six years & more
- Big update on ‘excellent’ Arsenal star, agreement ‘expected’ in due course
- Top 10 football predictions for 2024
- Preview: Manchester City vs Tottenham Hotspur – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Newcastle United vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Maguire & Sterling nominated for November Premier League POTM award
- Ten Hag, Howe, Iraola, Edwards up for Premier League MOTM award
- Man City FFP trial scheduled for late next year
- Three positives from Manchester United’s disappointing 3-3 draw against Galatasaray