Manchester United head coach Erik ten Hag has disclosed that Casemiro faces a race against time to be fit for their clash with rivals Manchester City on Sunday.
The Red Devils take on Pep Guardiola’s side, looking to continue their run of three consecutive wins in all competitions.
However, there will be one major decision for Ten Hag to make. He will have to decide whether to use the Brazilian holding midfielder.
Casemiro spent some time in South America recovering from an ankle injury sustained during the international break.
However, he has since returned to Carrington and appeared fully fit as he trained with his teammates this week.
Ten Hag said (via Sky Sports): “Yes, Aaron (Wan-Bissaka) was training today, and Casa is in a race against the clock. He’s not 100%.”
Sofyan Amrabat will most likely deputise for Casemiro if he is not fit enough to face the Premier League champions.
The return of Wan-Bissaka will also be a boost for Ten Hag. The defender has been out of action for over a month now.
His return will be welcome as United have suffered a defensive injury crisis with Lisandro Martinez, Luke Shaw, Sergio Reguilon, Tyrell Malacia, Raphael Varane, Jonny Evans and Wan-Bissaka all out with different injury woes.
Ten Hag also addressed Alejandro Garnacho’s comments on an Andre Onana post, which has been making the rounds and could attract punishment for the young forward.
Garnacho put a gorilla emoji responding to an Onana post. It has not gone down well. Ten Hag confirmed that the English FA contacted them, but there have not been any developments beyond that.
Manchester City forward Bernardo Silva was charged by the FA four years ago after posting a photo on social media meant to resemble a meme of Benjamin Mendy.
- Overrated & Underrated in 2023 – Aston Villa, Arsenal, Liverpool and more
- Bundesliga Weekly: All the action as Frankfurt humiliate Bayern, Leverkusen & Stuttgart draw
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic returns to AC Milan as advisor & RedBird partner
- Arsenal in 2023: Best Player, Best XI, Best Goal & More
- Liverpool keen to sign Maximilian Beier, £25m summer transfer likely
- Girona smash Barcelona to top La Liga: Can they win the league?
- The six best Premier League signings of the season so far
- Manchester City back on track after 2-1 victory over Luton Town
- Aston Villa 1-0 Arsenal: Bailey goal extends Villains’ unbeaten home run
- Pep Guardiola denies City are reliant on Rodri but the stats disagree