Notts County’s owners have denied rumours that Taylor Swift wants to buy the club, per BBC Sport.
The Weekend Sport newspaper reported that the famous American singer-songwriter is interested in purchasing the League Two side.
The headline of the newspaper read: “Star wants world’s oldest footy club – Taylor Swift to buy Notts County!”
The club’s league rivals Wrexham are already owned by Hollywood actors Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney.
However, the Magpies quickly delivered a hilarious response to the story, denying the reports using the star’s song titles.
The club released a statement attributed to owners Alex and Chris Reedtz that read: “As sorry as we are to disappoint the Swifties in our fanbase, we’re going to have to shake this story off.
“There’s certainly no bad blood between ourselves and Taylor but, at such an exciting time for us and the club, she surely couldn’t have believed in her wildest dreams that we would relinquish our control.
“We’ll leave a blank space in tomorrow’s pre-match playlist for a track from her newly re-released 1989 album as a gesture of gratitude for her interest.”
The club took a step further by imposing Swift’s head onto the body of one of their owners holding the National League play-off trophy. They also captioned the image with “Taylor’s Vision.”
County were relegated from the Football League at the end of the 2018-19 season.
But they returned to the fourth tier last season via the National League play-offs, beating Chesterfield in the final.
The Magpies have made a brilliant start to life in League Two under Luke Williams.
They are currently sitting second in the standings after registering nine victories from 15 league matches.
The impressive start from County has now made them one of the top favourites to secure back-to-back promotions.
- Pep Guardiola denies City are reliant on Rodri but the stats disagree
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Man Utd boss Ten Hag scoops Premier League MOTM award
- This Week In Football: Last-minute UWNL drama, Santos relegated & more
- Morning Mix: Arsenal face acid test at Villa, Chelsea boss has no excuses
- Arsenal or Liverpool: Who is better placed to beat Man City to the title?
- Copa America 2024 draw: Argentina to face Chile, Brazil and USMNT discover their groups
- Four reasons PSV Eindhoven are overtaking Ajax on and off the pitch
- Matip out for the rest of the season – what do Liverpool do now?
- How has extra added time changed Premier League results?