The 34-year-old shot-stopper suffered the injury during a training session and is expected to be out of action until the international break in November.
Manager Andoni Iraola has confirmed that Andrei Radu will step into the starting XI as Neto’s temporary replacement.
Iraola said (via Bournemouth’s official website): “Neto suffered an ankle injury a couple of days ago, and he’ll be out at least until the international break for sure.
“If all goes well, he’ll be back after the international break.”
The Cherries’ boss also fielded questions about the status of midfielder Alex Scott.
The 19-year-old returned from injury during last weekend’s encounter with Wolverhampton Wanderers.
He will be looking to play a significant role, especially with Lewis Cook serving a suspension and Tyler Adams still sidelined due to injury.
Iraola provided some insight into Scott’s performance, saying: “He finished tired, obviously, but he had good sensations.
“He’s a hungry player, young, but when you talk to him, he understands the game, he understands the pressure and everything.
“It’s not ideal to come back from injury and make his debut in the Premier League and for us to demand so much from him, but that’s the situation we have. We will need him.”
Despite these challenges, Iraola reassured fans that there are no further concerns for the Cherries as they prepare to face Burnley in this crucial Premier League clash.
The team will be looking to overcome these obstacles and continue their quest for their first win of the season.
Bournemouth are in the relegation zone and desperate for three points, especially in this potential six-pointer against Vincent Kompany’s Burnley.
The Cherries will hope they can somehow overturn their dire run of four consecutive losses.
- Morning Mix: Kelleher must shine for Liverpool, time running out for Burnley manager
- This Week In Football: Dortmund conquer the group of death, Tigres lift sixth title in six years & more
- Big update on ‘excellent’ Arsenal star, agreement ‘expected’ in due course
- Top 10 football predictions for 2024
- Preview: Manchester City vs Tottenham Hotspur – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Newcastle United vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Maguire & Sterling nominated for November Premier League POTM award
- Ten Hag, Howe, Iraola, Edwards up for Premier League MOTM award
- Man City FFP trial scheduled for late next year
- Three positives from Manchester United’s disappointing 3-3 draw against Galatasaray