Brighton & Hove Albion manager Roberto De Zerbi has shifted his attention toward Sunday’s encounter against Fulham following a ‘magical’ night of European football.
The Seagulls recorded their first victory on the continental stage in Thursday’s 2-0 win over Eredivisie giants Ajax courtesy of goals from Joao Pedro and Ansu Fati.
The midweek success elevated them to second place in the Europa League Group B standing, but De Zerbi is already looking ahead to the challenge from Fulham at the weekend.
“It was a magical night,” De Zerbi said in his pre-match press conference.
“Football is magical because after two days we have another important game, and we have to be ready to play well and to win the game.
“We need points on the table. We want to keep our high position on the table and to win, we have to play a great game.”
De Zerbi also hinted at a potential rotation to the starting line-up with several key players missing from the squad.
“At the moment we feel good,” he added. “We don’t have a problem. We will see in the next hours, but for sure I have to change something in the first 11.
“We can’t lose any other player. We hope Tariq Lamptey and Pervis Estupinan can come back to the group early, but we have to change many players.”
The midweek triumph over Ajax was Brighton’s first after going five games without victory across all competitions.
They fell to a 2-1 defeat to defending champions Manchester City in their last Premier League outing, which followed a 2-2 draw against Liverpool.
Brighton are winless in their last three league games but will fancy their chances of returning to winning ways when Fulham visit the Amex Stadium.
- Overrated & Underrated in 2023 – Aston Villa, Arsenal, Liverpool and more
- Bundesliga Weekly: All the action as Frankfurt humiliate Bayern, Leverkusen & Stuttgart draw
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic returns to AC Milan as advisor & RedBird partner
- Arsenal in 2023: Best Player, Best XI, Best Goal & More
- Liverpool keen to sign Maximilian Beier, £25m summer transfer likely
- Girona smash Barcelona to top La Liga: Can they win the league?
- The six best Premier League signings of the season so far
- Manchester City back on track after 2-1 victory over Luton Town
- Aston Villa 1-0 Arsenal: Bailey goal extends Villains’ unbeaten home run
- Pep Guardiola denies City are reliant on Rodri but the stats disagree