Tottenham Hotspur and Real Madrid are leading the race for Feyenoord’s striker sensation Santiago Gimenez, according to his intermediary Morris Pagniello.
The 22-year-old continues to dominate headlines with his prolific scoring run while establishing himself as one of the best strikers in Europe.
Arriving at Feyenoord as an unknown commodity in 2022, the Mexican international capped off his debut season with 23 goals across all competitions whilst propelling the Dutch giants to the Eredivisie title.
Gimenez has grown by leaps and bounds this term, bagging 15 goals and three assists in 11 appearances, which includes an impressive double on his Champions League debut against Lazio last night.
The Mexican youngster’s blistering form indicates that he is on course to register incredible numbers this season, which will also turn the heads of some of Europe’s elite clubs.
With a contract running until 2027, Feyenoord may find it hard to stave off the suitors for long in the event of lucrative offers.
Gimenez’s consultant Pagniello has claimed that Madrid and Spurs are the most interested parties, while Atletico Madrid, Inter Milan, Juventus and Arsenal are reportedly keeping tabs on him.
“The teams that are currently closest to his possible arrival are Real Madrid and Tottenham Hotspur,” Pagniello told 1908.nl.
Pagniello had earlier claimed that Spurs enquired about Gimenez when they were scouring the market for a replacement for Harry Kane.
Gimenez could be the perfect successor to the England international and would take his game to another level under Ange Postecoglou.
However, Madrid may be an appealing destination for Gimenez, as the La Liga giants haven’t found a replacement for Karim Benzema since his departure this summer.
Atletico have been credited as long-term suitors for the Mexican international, but they would struggle to compete with the clubs with deep pockets.
- Morning Mix: Kelleher must shine for Liverpool, time running out for Burnley manager
- This Week In Football: Dortmund conquer the group of death, Tigres lift sixth title in six years & more
- Big update on ‘excellent’ Arsenal star, agreement ‘expected’ in due course
- Top 10 football predictions for 2024
- Preview: Manchester City vs Tottenham Hotspur – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Newcastle United vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Maguire & Sterling nominated for November Premier League POTM award
- Ten Hag, Howe, Iraola, Edwards up for Premier League MOTM award
- Man City FFP trial scheduled for late next year
- Three positives from Manchester United’s disappointing 3-3 draw against Galatasaray