The Netherlands international joined Jurgen Klopp’s side during the summer transfer window after struggling to nail down regular first-team football at Bayern Munich.
Gravenberch has caught the eye with several impressive performances and finally opened his goalscoring account as Liverpool maintained their perfect Group E record.
Jurgen Klopp’s side took the lead inside the opening ten minutes of the entertaining encounter as Diogo Jota waltzed through the Toulouse defence to net a dazzling solo opener.
They were pegged back seven minutes later when Thijs Dallinga took advantage of Liverpool’s high line, racing through on goal before slotting past Caoimhin Kelleher.
Toulouse were up for a fight, but Liverpool’s quality ultimately proved too much to handle, as a four-minute double from Wataru Endo and Darwin Nunez put the game to bed in the first half.
Gravenberch’s crowning moment came shortly after the hour mark, slotting home a rebound after Nunez hit the woodwork following a mesmerising solo run.
The Dutchman had his name on the score sheet on merit after another outstanding display in a Liverpool shirt as he dictated proceedings from the middle of the park.
He maintained a 96% pass accuracy, completed three key passes, and was successful in every dribble he attempted (3/3).
He also completed three tackles and two interceptions, won seven of his ten ground battles and had four shots on target, including his 65th-minute goal.
The Dutchman was replaced in the 70th minute with Mohamed Salah handed a late cameo.
The Liverpool talisman wasted no time getting on the score sheet, rifling an effort in off the crossbar with virtually the final action of the game to round up the 5-1 victory.
Gravenberch’s performance hands Klopp a welcome selection headache heading into the weekend contest against Nottingham Forest.
With Alexis Mac Allister and Dominik Szoboszlai already the first names on Klopp’s team sheet, Gravenberch has made a solid case to join them in midfield when Forest visit Anfield.
- The six best Premier League signings of the season so far
- Manchester City back on track after 2-1 victory over Luton Town
- Aston Villa 1-0 Arsenal: Bailey goal extends Villains’ unbeaten home run
- Pep Guardiola denies City are reliant on Rodri but the stats disagree
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Man Utd boss Ten Hag scoops Premier League MOTM award
- This Week In Football: Last-minute UWNL drama, Santos relegated & more
- Morning Mix: Arsenal face acid test at Villa, Chelsea boss has no excuses
- Arsenal or Liverpool: Who is better placed to beat Man City to the title?
- Copa America 2024 draw: Argentina to face Chile, Brazil and USMNT discover their groups