Real Madrid are set to face Barcelona in the season’s first El Clasico at the Estadi Olímpic Lluís Company this weekend.
Los Blancos are currently leading the La Liga standings with 25 points, but Xavi’s side are only a point behind in third place.
Manager Carlo Ancelotti is dealing with several injuries ahead of the match, with Thibaut Courtois and Eder Militao sidelined with long-term fitness issues.
Dani Ceballos will also sit out the game after picking up a fresh muscle ailment.
But perhaps the most concerning for the Madrid fans was the uncertainty regarding the involvement of new signings Jude Bellingham and Joselu for the upcoming El Clasico.
Joselu was withdrawn from the squad for the recent Champions League clash with SC Braga due to illness.
Madrid won 2-1 in Portugal but Bellingham was seen limping before being taken off, raising concerns he will not be available to face the Catalans.
It has since emerged that the England international is dealing with some discomfort and will be assessed for a groin injury.
However, in a positive update from reliable journalist Arancha Rodriguez, both Bellingham and Joselu will reportedly be available to face Barcelona this weekend.
Bellingham has made an impressive start to life in Madrid since moving to the club in the summer.
The 20-year-old has featured in 12 matches across all competitions, netting 11 goals.
Joselu has also been an important squad player for Los Blancos, with the centre-forward starting five La Liga matches.
- The six best Premier League signings of the season so far
- Manchester City back on track after 2-1 victory over Luton Town
- Aston Villa 1-0 Arsenal: Bailey goal extends Villains’ unbeaten home run
- Pep Guardiola denies City are reliant on Rodri but the stats disagree
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Man Utd boss Ten Hag scoops Premier League MOTM award
- This Week In Football: Last-minute UWNL drama, Santos relegated & more
- Morning Mix: Arsenal face acid test at Villa, Chelsea boss has no excuses
- Arsenal or Liverpool: Who is better placed to beat Man City to the title?
- Copa America 2024 draw: Argentina to face Chile, Brazil and USMNT discover their groups