Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola is interested in signing Bayern Munich star Jamal Musiala, according to Sport Bild.
The 20-year-old has made excellent progress in the last few years, with many people regarding him as one of the best young players in the world.
The attacking midfielder has already made over 130 senior appearances for the Bavarians.
Musiala bagged 16 goals and 16 assists in 47 appearances across all competitions last season. His amazing performances saw him shortlisted for the 2023 Ballon d’Or award.
The 20-year-old is contracted to the Bavarians until June 2026 but the Bundesliga giants are still desperate to tie him down to a new long-term deal.
City manager Pep Guardiola is reportedly keen to bring the youngster to the Premier League.
Liverpool are also credited with an interest in the German international.
The Cityzens have an excellent attacking midfielder in Kevin de Bruyne, but Musiala could be his successor.
City could make a move in the summer transfer window, but they will likely have to part with a considerable sum to convince Bayern to sell one of their most prized assets.
- Pep Guardiola denies City are reliant on Rodri but the stats disagree
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Man Utd boss Ten Hag scoops Premier League MOTM award
- This Week In Football: Last-minute UWNL drama, Santos relegated & more
- Morning Mix: Arsenal face acid test at Villa, Chelsea boss has no excuses
- Arsenal or Liverpool: Who is better placed to beat Man City to the title?
- Copa America 2024 draw: Argentina to face Chile, Brazil and USMNT discover their groups
- Four reasons PSV Eindhoven are overtaking Ajax on and off the pitch
- Matip out for the rest of the season – what do Liverpool do now?
- How has extra added time changed Premier League results?