The 17-year-old has been making waves in Ligue 1 this season, showcasing his world-class potential with several brilliant performances.
Having made his professional debut only in June this year, Junior Kroupi has quickly grown into an integral member of Regis Le Bris’ side, bagging three goals and two assists in eight appearances.
His best performance came in the 3-3 draw against Lyon, where he scored a double.
In addition to his precocious talent, Junior Kroupi’s standout attribute is his versatility, as he can operate in several attacking roles.
Given his prowess, it comes as little surprise that he has been drawing comparisons with his compatriot and Paris Saint-Germain superstar Kylian Mbappe.
Junior Kroupi’s stock will only soar if he keeps progressing. It won’t be long before European heavyweights knock on Lorient’s door for the wonderkid.
Spanish giants Barca and Madrid have historically battled for some of the best talents in the world and are competing to sign the teenager.
Madrid have frequently explored the French market in recent years, as was the case with the acquisitions of Eduardo Camavinga, Aurelien Tchouameni and Ferland Mendy.
However, Lorient have no intention of selling the French teenager and are looking to hand him an improved contract, with his current deal expiring in 2026.
- Overrated & Underrated in 2023 – Aston Villa, Arsenal, Liverpool and more
- Bundesliga Weekly: All the action as Frankfurt humiliate Bayern, Leverkusen & Stuttgart draw
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic returns to AC Milan as advisor & RedBird partner
- Arsenal in 2023: Best Player, Best XI, Best Goal & More
- Liverpool keen to sign Maximilian Beier, £25m summer transfer likely
- Girona smash Barcelona to top La Liga: Can they win the league?
- The six best Premier League signings of the season so far
- Manchester City back on track after 2-1 victory over Luton Town
- Aston Villa 1-0 Arsenal: Bailey goal extends Villains’ unbeaten home run
- Pep Guardiola denies City are reliant on Rodri but the stats disagree