The Hammers have kicked off the 2023/24 campaign in fine form, losing just two games in all competitions, which came against Premier League heavy hitters Manchester City and Liverpool.
Moyes’ side will head to Villa Park on the back of a four-match unbeaten streak (W3, D1), eager to return to winning ways after being held to a thrilling 2-2 draw against Newcastle United last time out.
West Ham will be brimming with confidence ahead of the exciting encounter, considering they have gone ten games without suffering defeat against Sunday’s opponents.
They are also unbeaten in their last five Premier League visits to Villa Park, winning the most recent three by a combined 8-2 scoreline.
However, Moyes is under no illusions about the huge task ahead, given that Villa have also enjoyed a strong start to the season under the leadership of Unai Emery.
“The manager is doing a brilliant job, and they’re building a strong team. They’re in a really strong place, and it’s a tough game for sure. Aston Villa will certainly not be an easy game.
“I thought they were really good last year. They reached the Europa Conference League, which was a great achievement for them.
“When you’re finishing around sixth or seventh, you can see what the Club is, and they’ve got some good stability, and they’re doing a lot of good things at the moment.”
After striving to secure a 1-1 draw against Wolverhampton Wanderers on the stroke of the international break, Villa face another uphill battle against West Ham.
However, their three-match unbeaten run across all competitions could provide them with the much-needed confidence boost to end their appalling run of form against the Hammers.
- Overrated & Underrated in 2023 – Aston Villa, Arsenal, Liverpool and more
- Bundesliga Weekly: All the action as Frankfurt humiliate Bayern, Leverkusen & Stuttgart draw
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic returns to AC Milan as advisor & RedBird partner
- Arsenal in 2023: Best Player, Best XI, Best Goal & More
- Liverpool keen to sign Maximilian Beier, £25m summer transfer likely
- Girona smash Barcelona to top La Liga: Can they win the league?
- The six best Premier League signings of the season so far
- Manchester City back on track after 2-1 victory over Luton Town
- Aston Villa 1-0 Arsenal: Bailey goal extends Villains’ unbeaten home run
- Pep Guardiola denies City are reliant on Rodri but the stats disagree