The Blues are preparing for perhaps their strongest test this season, with the joint table toppers visiting Stamford Bridge on the back of an unbeaten run.
While Pochettino has never lost a game against the Gunners, the Chelsea boss will have to head into the London derby with question marks over the fitness of at least seven first-team players.
Benoit Badiashile and Carney Chukwuemek will likely make the squad for Sunday’s blockbuster fixture, although they will need to be assessed by the club’s medical team.
However, Armando Broja, Trevoh Chalobah, Ben Chilwell, Wesley Fofana, Romeo Lavia and Christopher Nkunku remain sidelined until further notice and will miss the Arsenal clash.
Captain Reece James returned to training but may not be risked for the high-profile encounter, while Axel Disasi and Nicolas Jackson will also need to be assessed.
“We need to assess now because we finish training session late,” Pochettino said during his pre-match press conference.
“We need to assess Axel, Reece, Nico. Broja is out. We have few players we need to assess to see if a few players can play or on the bench.
“Benoit can maybe be available to be on the bench. Reece was training good the last few days. Now it is to talk with all of the medical staff to decide.
“Enzo (Fernandez) trained yesterday, (Moises) Caicedo arrived yesterday afternoon and was in a very good state. Today trained with us and today they are ready.”
Speaking on the alarming number of injuries plaguing the team, Pochettino added: “It’s not only bad luck – it’s the profile of players sometimes.
“We can see when we arrive here. It’s not only bad luck. Too many factors can influence.
“We try to find the best method and the best platform for the players to be strong and to feel good. It’s only a matter of time. Everything is new in this club.”
- Pep Guardiola denies City are reliant on Rodri but the stats disagree
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Man Utd boss Ten Hag scoops Premier League MOTM award
- This Week In Football: Last-minute UWNL drama, Santos relegated & more
- Morning Mix: Arsenal face acid test at Villa, Chelsea boss has no excuses
- Arsenal or Liverpool: Who is better placed to beat Man City to the title?
- Copa America 2024 draw: Argentina to face Chile, Brazil and USMNT discover their groups
- Four reasons PSV Eindhoven are overtaking Ajax on and off the pitch
- Matip out for the rest of the season – what do Liverpool do now?
- How has extra added time changed Premier League results?