The Brighton recruitment chief previously rejected offers from other Premier League clubs and has now turned down a move to the Scottish Premiership.
The 34-year-old talent spotter has cultivated a flourishing career with Brighton, where he has steadily risen through the ranks since joining as the Under-21s recruitment manager in May 2016.
Jewell’s journey within the club saw him take on the role of emerging talent manager on an interim basis following the departure of Paul Winstanley, who became the co-sporting director at Chelsea last November.
Jewell helped in recruiting standout talents such as Moises Caicedo and Alexis Mac Allister. The pair contributed plenty to the club’s success.
Caicedo and Mac Allister were sold to Chelsea and Liverpool this summer. The combined profit from these transfers could soar to £158 million, highlighting Jewell’s astute eye for emerging football stars.
Teenage sensation Carlos Baleba is poised to be the next breakout star on the south coast. Jewell played a pivotal role in the arrival of the promising young talent at the Amex Stadium.
Rangers recently unveiled Philippe Clement as their new manager.
Clement takes the reins from Michael Beale, who was dismissed after an unsatisfactory start to the season, suffering three losses in eight Scottish Premiership games.
Speculation was rife that Jewell was considering the opportunity presented by Rangers, but he decided to remain part of Brighton’s ongoing journey.
- The six best Premier League signings of the season so far
- Manchester City back on track after 2-1 victory over Luton Town
- Aston Villa 1-0 Arsenal: Bailey goal extends Villains’ unbeaten home run
- Pep Guardiola denies City are reliant on Rodri but the stats disagree
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Man Utd boss Ten Hag scoops Premier League MOTM award
- This Week In Football: Last-minute UWNL drama, Santos relegated & more
- Morning Mix: Arsenal face acid test at Villa, Chelsea boss has no excuses
- Arsenal or Liverpool: Who is better placed to beat Man City to the title?
- Copa America 2024 draw: Argentina to face Chile, Brazil and USMNT discover their groups