Bayern Munich star Manuel Neuer is reportedly set to return to the team against SV Darmstadt 98 next week.
The 37-year-old has been sidelined since he broke his leg in a skiing accident last December.
The experienced goalkeeper returned to training in August and was expected to be in action against Preussen Munster last month.
But his comeback was delayed after he was left out of the Bavarians’ squad for their DFB-Pokal match against the third-tier minnows.
However, Neuer is now scheduled to return for the home game against Darmstadt next week, per Florian Plettenberg.
It is reportedly a joint decision by the player, manager Thomas Tuchel and goalkeeper coach Rechner.
The 37-year-old last played for Bayern in November against Schalke in the Bundesliga.
Neuer broke his leg while skiing in the Bavarian Alps after returning in December.
Yann Sommer started between the sticks for the remainder of the 2022-23 campaign before he left to join Inter Milan in the summer.
Tuchel has played Sven Ulreich in goal this season, and the German has done an impressive job.
The 35-year-old has started seven Bundesliga matches, with three clean sheets to his name.
Now that Neuer is set to return, it remains to be seen who Tuchel prefers between the sticks.
- Morning Mix: Kelleher must shine for Liverpool, time running out for Burnley manager
- This Week In Football: Dortmund conquer the group of death, Tigres lift sixth title in six years & more
- Big update on ‘excellent’ Arsenal star, agreement ‘expected’ in due course
- Top 10 football predictions for 2024
- Preview: Manchester City vs Tottenham Hotspur – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Newcastle United vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Maguire & Sterling nominated for November Premier League POTM award
- Ten Hag, Howe, Iraola, Edwards up for Premier League MOTM award
- Man City FFP trial scheduled for late next year
- Three positives from Manchester United’s disappointing 3-3 draw against Galatasaray