Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta has revealed he is unsure regarding the fitness of Bukayo Saka, William Saliba, and Leandro Trossard.
Arteta addressed concerns surrounding the status of these key players heading into the Gunners’ highly anticipated clash at Chelsea tomorrow.
Saka sustained an injury during their Champions League encounter with RC Lens earlier this month. He was notably absent in the recent victory over Manchester City.
Arteta said (via Standard Sport): “Not a lot [to say]. We haven’t had a lot of players. We’re going to do our first training session today, and we’ll know more after the session.”
The uncertainty around Saka’s availability has left Arsenal fans holding their breath, as the young winger has been a vital component of their attacking prowess.
William Saliba’s situation has also raised concerns within the Arsenal camp. The French defender surprisingly withdrew from the France squad shortly after the City game. He has been battling a lingering toe injury.
While reports from the French media have described this ailment as ‘chronic’, Arsenal hope he is available this weekend.
“He’s been carrying that for weeks now,” Arteta added. “We had to use that time to settle, and we believed it was the best moment to do that.”
Belgian winger Leandro Trossard was substituted at half-time during Arsenal’s last match. Subsequently, he withdrew from Belgium’s 2024 European Championship qualifiers due to a hamstring issue.
However, it appears this decision to send Trossard home was a precautionary measure, with the player now back in London for treatment. His involvement in the Chelsea clash remains uncertain.
Arsenal fans eagerly await further updates regarding the fitness of these key players as the team prepares for a massive encounter with the Blues.
- Bundesliga Weekly: All the action as Frankfurt humiliate Bayern, Leverkusen & Stuttgart draw
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic returns to AC Milan as advisor & RedBird partner
- Arsenal in 2023: Best Player, Best XI, Best Goal & More
- Liverpool keen to sign Maximilian Beier, £25m summer transfer likely
- Girona smash Barcelona to top La Liga: Can they win the league?
- The six best Premier League signings of the season so far
- Manchester City back on track after 2-1 victory over Luton Town
- Aston Villa 1-0 Arsenal: Bailey goal extends Villains’ unbeaten home run
- Pep Guardiola denies City are reliant on Rodri but the stats disagree
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups