Brazilian superstar Neymar’s injury record has worsened as he is set for a lengthy spell on the sidelines with his latest setback.
The Brazilian Football Federation has confirmed that Neymar has been diagnosed with an ACL tear and torn meniscus and will undergo surgery.
The former Barcelona star has been the centre of attention of late, as he was hit by a bag of popcorn from the fans during the 1-1 draw against Venezuela at home.
Neymar has been left shattered by his latest setback, which could rule him out of next year’s Copa America tournament.
“It’s a very sad moment, the worst of my life,” Neymar wrote on social media. “I know I’m strong – but this time I need the support of my family and my friends.
“It’s not easy to get injured, undergo surgery and then – do it again just four months later. I have faith – I leave it in God’s hands.”
Neymar completed a sensational move from Paris Saint-Germain to Al-Hilal this summer, ending his six-year spell with the French giants.
The former Santos star’s career has been blighted by numerous injury setbacks, but he has successfully overcome them and proven he is a world-class player.
Although there is criticism from some fans over Neymar’s lack of form, it should be remembered that he is Brazil’s all-time top scorer.
- Overrated & Underrated in 2023 – Aston Villa, Arsenal, Liverpool and more
- Bundesliga Weekly: All the action as Frankfurt humiliate Bayern, Leverkusen & Stuttgart draw
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic returns to AC Milan as advisor & RedBird partner
- Arsenal in 2023: Best Player, Best XI, Best Goal & More
- Liverpool keen to sign Maximilian Beier, £25m summer transfer likely
- Girona smash Barcelona to top La Liga: Can they win the league?
- The six best Premier League signings of the season so far
- Manchester City back on track after 2-1 victory over Luton Town
- Aston Villa 1-0 Arsenal: Bailey goal extends Villains’ unbeaten home run
- Pep Guardiola denies City are reliant on Rodri but the stats disagree