Everton’s disciplinary hearing into the club’s alleged Financial Fair Play breaches has reportedly started in secret this week.
According to the Daily Mail, the independent commission began on Tuesday. The hearing is scheduled to conclude next week, with the club and the Premier League already making their opening submissions.
The verdict and any sanctions imposed by the tribunal will likely be announced in November.
However, it all came to nothing after the Premier League said they had complied with the regulations due to allowances made due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
But the charges against the Toffees were brought again in March after accounts showed they made financial losses of almost £372 million over the previous years.
Premier League clubs can lose up to £105m over a rolling three-year cycle.
The Merseyside outfit could be hit with a fine, transfer embargo or points deduction if they are found guilty of breaking the spending rules.
However, they have strongly denied any wrongdoing and are confident they will be cleared.
Everton are already dealing with debt issues and the ongoing costs of building their new stadium at Bramley-Moore Dock.
The American private investment company 777 Partners have reached an agreement with Farhad Mohsiri to take over the club.
The deal has reportedly stalled amid questions about the buyers’ financial status.
- Bundesliga Weekly: All the action as Frankfurt humiliate Bayern, Leverkusen & Stuttgart draw
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic returns to AC Milan as advisor & RedBird partner
- Arsenal in 2023: Best Player, Best XI, Best Goal & More
- Liverpool keen to sign Maximilian Beier, £25m summer transfer likely
- Girona smash Barcelona to top La Liga: Can they win the league?
- The six best Premier League signings of the season so far
- Manchester City back on track after 2-1 victory over Luton Town
- Aston Villa 1-0 Arsenal: Bailey goal extends Villains’ unbeaten home run
- Pep Guardiola denies City are reliant on Rodri but the stats disagree
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups