Atalanta starlet Giorgio Scalvini is expected to be at the centre of a bidding war next summer amid interest from a host of European heavy hitters.
The exciting teenager has already racked up seven appearances for the Italian national team since making his debut under the leadership of Roberto Mancini in June 2022.
Scalvini has emerged as one of the hottest prospects in the Italian top flight and Europe, so interest in his services is unsurprising.
However, it will take some convincing for Atalanta to cut him loose next year, considering the youngster’s contract with La Dea runs until the summer of 2027.
Scalvini was also subject to concrete interest from a plethora of European clubs last term, but Atalanta were not interested in sanctioning his departure.
They turned down a €35 million offer from Inter Milan before the Coppa Italia winners switched their attention to Bayern’s versatile defender Benjamin Pavard.
Man City also registered an interest but ended up forking out a reported €110m to snap up Croatian prospect Josko Gvardiol from RB Leipzig.
While it remains uncertain whether Atalanta will be receptive to proposals next summer, it will take an offer of approximately €50m to get their attention.
Juventus are believed to be the most interested of the chasing pack, and the Bianconeri are eager to put themselves in a leading position to win the race next summer.
Scalvini’s valuation could skyrocket again depending on his performances for club and country this term, but he appears to be the next Italian prospect in line for a big-money move.
- Pep Guardiola denies City are reliant on Rodri but the stats disagree
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Man Utd boss Ten Hag scoops Premier League MOTM award
- This Week In Football: Last-minute UWNL drama, Santos relegated & more
- Morning Mix: Arsenal face acid test at Villa, Chelsea boss has no excuses
- Arsenal or Liverpool: Who is better placed to beat Man City to the title?
- Copa America 2024 draw: Argentina to face Chile, Brazil and USMNT discover their groups
- Four reasons PSV Eindhoven are overtaking Ajax on and off the pitch
- Matip out for the rest of the season – what do Liverpool do now?
- How has extra added time changed Premier League results?