The experienced forward was part of the team that defeated England in the final in Australia.
She was kissed on the lips by Rubiales during the medal ceremony, which the player said wasn’t consensual.
The 46-year-old has since resigned as president of the Spanish football federation. He is also under investigation for alleged sexual assault and coercion.
Manager Jorge Vilda was also removed from his position after the scandal, with Spain later appointing Montse Tome as head coach.
However, Hermoso wasn’t picked by Tome in her first-team squad for September fixtures.
When asked about her decision to exclude the 33-year-old, she said (per The Athletic): “We believe the best way to protect her in this squad is this way.”
Hermoso wasn’t happy with the decision as she questioned who she needed protection from.
The forward also criticised Spain’s football federation for trying to intimidate the World Cup-winning team following their strike.
However, she has now been recalled by the national team for October’s Nations League fixtures against Italy and Switzerland.
La Roja meet Italy on October 27 before facing Switzerland four days later.
They are currently at the top of their Nations League group after defeating Sweden and Switzerland in September.
- Manchester City back on track after 2-1 victory over Luton Town
- Aston Villa 1-0 Arsenal: Bailey goal extends Villains’ unbeaten home run
- Pep Guardiola denies City are reliant on Rodri but the stats disagree
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Man Utd boss Ten Hag scoops Premier League MOTM award
- This Week In Football: Last-minute UWNL drama, Santos relegated & more
- Morning Mix: Arsenal face acid test at Villa, Chelsea boss has no excuses
- Arsenal or Liverpool: Who is better placed to beat Man City to the title?
- Copa America 2024 draw: Argentina to face Chile, Brazil and USMNT discover their groups
- Four reasons PSV Eindhoven are overtaking Ajax on and off the pitch