The Egyptian international stressed the need to stop the violence that has torn families apart.
Salah expressed his concern over the recent deadly explosion at the Al-Ahli hospital in Gaza City, which claimed the lives of hundreds of people.
The Hamas-controlled Palestinian authorities in Gaza have accused Israel of being responsible for the blast, alleging it was a deliberate airstrike. Israel has denied any involvement.
Salah pleaded for world leaders to take immediate and concrete steps to prevent further conflict and suffering.
He said (via the X social media platform): “It’s not always easy to speak in times like this. There has been too much violence and too much heartbreaking brutality.
“The escalations in the recent weeks are painful to witness. All lives are sacred and must be protected. The massacres need to stop. Families are being torn apart.
“What is clear now is that humanitarian aid to Gaza must be allowed in immediately. The people there are in terrible conditions.
“The scenes at the hospital last night were horrifying. The people of Gaza need food, medical supplies, and water supply urgently.”
“I am calling the world leaders to come together to prevent the further slaughter of innocent souls. Humanity must prevail.”
The conflict between Israel and Palestine has raged for decades, resulting in significant human suffering and loss of life.
Salah’s appeal carries weight not only because of his status as a football star but because he is one of the most prominent Arab footballers, having been one of the best players in the world over the past few years.
- Pep Guardiola denies City’s reliance on Rodri but the stats disagree
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Man Utd boss Ten Hag scoops Premier League MOTM award
- This Week In Football: Last-minute UWNL drama, Santos relegated & more
- Morning Mix: Arsenal face acid test at Villa, Chelsea boss has no excuses
- Arsenal or Liverpool: Who is better placed to beat Man City to the title?
- Copa America 2024 draw: Argentina to face Chile, Brazil and USMNT discover their groups
- Four reasons PSV Eindhoven are overtaking Ajax on and off the pitch
- Matip out for the rest of the season – what do Liverpool do now?
- How has extra added time changed Premier League results?