Liverpool are reportedly interested in signing Schalke midfielder Assan Ouedraogo.
The teenager made his debut for the Royal Blues in the 2. Bundesliga earlier this season, becoming the youngest player in the history of the club.
He marked his debut with a goal in a 5-3 defeat against Hamburg.
Ouedraogo has since been a permanent fixture in Schalke’s squad, making nine senior appearances.
His development has reportedly impressed Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp.
AC Milan’s interest is the most concrete at this point. The Italian club’s officials are planning to meet Schalke bosses this week.
These signings have worked brilliantly for the Reds as they have made a good start to the new season.
The Merseyside giants now want to sign Ouedraogo but they face a tough battle to secure his services with several other clubs also keen on him.
- Morning Mix: Kelleher must shine for Liverpool, time running out for Burnley manager
- This Week In Football: Dortmund conquer the group of death, Tigres lift sixth title in six years & more
- Big update on ‘excellent’ Arsenal star, agreement ‘expected’ in due course
- Top 10 football predictions for 2024
- Preview: Manchester City vs Tottenham Hotspur – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Newcastle United vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Maguire & Sterling nominated for November Premier League POTM award
- Ten Hag, Howe, Iraola, Edwards up for Premier League MOTM award
- Man City FFP trial scheduled for late next year
- Three positives from Manchester United’s disappointing 3-3 draw against Galatasaray