Talented youngster Romeo Lavia may have to wait until December to make his debut for Chelsea.
The Blues brought in the 19-year-old in a £58 million deal this summer despite interest from Premier League rivals Liverpool.
The Belgian is hailed as one of the best young talents in the Premier League, but fans are yet to see him in action after he picked up an ankle injury in training.
The Daily Mail claims the midfielder’s Chelsea debut could be delayed until December.
There is reportedly a chance he will return to team-team action in late November as he is able to walk again without wearing a protective boot.
The youngster has also started doing some rehabilitation work in the pool at the club’s training ground, but it will likely take some time before he is ready to play again.
Manager Mauricio Pochettino is already dealing with injury issues to several key players.
Wesley Fofana, Ben Chillwell and Christopher Nkunku are certain to miss their upcoming Premier League clash against Arsenal.
Axel Disasi, Cole Palmer, Nicolas Jackson, Mykhailo Mudryk and Armando Broja are also doubtful for the match at Stamford Bridge.
The Blues made a slow start to the season, but they entered the international break on the back of three successive victories in all competitions.
- Pep Guardiola denies City are reliant on Rodri but the stats disagree
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Man Utd boss Ten Hag scoops Premier League MOTM award
- This Week In Football: Last-minute UWNL drama, Santos relegated & more
- Morning Mix: Arsenal face acid test at Villa, Chelsea boss has no excuses
- Arsenal or Liverpool: Who is better placed to beat Man City to the title?
- Copa America 2024 draw: Argentina to face Chile, Brazil and USMNT discover their groups
- Four reasons PSV Eindhoven are overtaking Ajax on and off the pitch
- Matip out for the rest of the season – what do Liverpool do now?
- How has extra added time changed Premier League results?