Tottenham Hotspur captain Heung-min Son has been crowned the Player of the Month for September.
The South Korean attacker delivered several electrifying performances, scoring six times in four matches.
These exceptional showings contributed significantly to Tottenham’s unblemished record this season.
He also netted the crucial opening goal in Spurs’ victory over Liverpool – a controversial win that marked their first victory against the Merseyside giants since 2017.
Only Sergio Aguero, Harry Kane, Steven Gerrard, Cristiano Ronaldo, Wayne Rooney and Robin van Persie have won more Player of the Month awards than Son.
Son edged out Julian Alvarez, Jarrod Bowen, Ollie Watkins, Mohamed Salah, Kieran Trippier and Pedro Neto to win his latest award.
His recognition comes on the heels of Tottenham teammate James Maddison winning the same award last month.
Ange Postecoglou clinched the Manager of the Month award for September, marking his second consecutive win.
Tottenham have undergone a remarkable transformation under the Australian, evolving into a formidable force that now sits proudly at the top of the Premier League table.
There was a lot of gloom when all-time top goalscorer Harry Kane jumped ship, but Son and his teammates have filled the void left by the Bayern Munich striker.
- Morning Mix: Kelleher must shine for Liverpool, time running out for Burnley manager
- This Week In Football: Dortmund conquer the group of death, Tigres lift sixth title in six years & more
- Big update on ‘excellent’ Arsenal star, agreement ‘expected’ in due course
- Top 10 football predictions for 2024
- Preview: Manchester City vs Tottenham Hotspur – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Newcastle United vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Maguire & Sterling nominated for November Premier League POTM award
- Ten Hag, Howe, Iraola, Edwards up for Premier League MOTM award
- Man City FFP trial scheduled for late next year
- Three positives from Manchester United’s disappointing 3-3 draw against Galatasaray