Barcelona’s have been dealt another blow with Alejandro Balde sustaining an injury while representing Spain.
The 19-year-old started in Spain’s European Championship qualifying game against Scotland but was withdrawn at half-time.
La Roja have confirmed that Balde has left the camp with an adductor injury, with Alfonso Pedraza called up as his replacement.
Balde is expected to undergo further medical examinations to determine the extent of the injury.
With the injury list already piled up, the last thing Barca would have wanted is to see any players suffer injury during the international break.
Barca were also worried about Lamine Yamal after the Spanish national team persisted in calling him into the squad despite his injury against Granada in La Liga.
However, Spain quickly decided to release him from the squad.
There were concerns about Gavi after allegedly suffering a training ground injury, but he played the entire game against the Scots, which La Roja won 2-0.
Frenkie de Jong, Pedri, Raphinha, Robert Lewandowski and Jules Kounde are the big names missing in what turns out to be an injury-plagued season for Barca, with Balde being the latest.
The talented academy graduate had his breakout campaign last term, overthrowing Jordi Alba as the club’s first-choice left-back and helping Blaugrana lift the La Liga title.
After recently penning a brand new deal, Balde has been shortlisted for the final list of Golden Boy 2023.
The Blaugrana will be keen for Balde to recover before El Clasico later this month, as the odds are stacked against them with their depleted squad.
Marcos Alonso will likely deputise for Balde until his compatriot gains full fitness.
- Pep Guardiola denies City are reliant on Rodri but the stats disagree
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Man Utd boss Ten Hag scoops Premier League MOTM award
- This Week In Football: Last-minute UWNL drama, Santos relegated & more
- Morning Mix: Arsenal face acid test at Villa, Chelsea boss has no excuses
- Arsenal or Liverpool: Who is better placed to beat Man City to the title?
- Copa America 2024 draw: Argentina to face Chile, Brazil and USMNT discover their groups
- Four reasons PSV Eindhoven are overtaking Ajax on and off the pitch
- Matip out for the rest of the season – what do Liverpool do now?
- How has extra added time changed Premier League results?