Tottenham Hotspur have confirmed the appointment of Johan Lange as their new technical director.
The 43-year-old will join the club from Aston Villa, where he worked as a sporting director for three years.
Lange was made Villa’s global director of football development and international academies this summer.
He will now replace Fabio Paratici who resigned from his role as Spurs’ managing director of football earlier this year.
This came after the Italian received a 30-month ban from football by FIFA for his role in alleged false accounting during his time at Juventus.
Tottenham released a statement on their official website that read: “We are delighted to announce that Johan Lange has been appointed Technical Director with effect from November 1, 2023.
“Lange will have responsibility for recruitment, analytics and talent identification across our senior and academy teams.”
Tottenham have recently seen a mini-overhaul of their recruitment structure.
The club’s chief scout Leonardo Gabbanini left his position in September, with Scott Munn later arriving as their chief football officer.
They have now appointed Lange as a replacement for Paratici. He joins Spurs with the team flying high in the Premier League.
A difficult season looked on the cards after they lost Harry Kane to Bayern Munich this summer.
However, manager Ange Postecoglou has completely changed the mood at the club, delivering superb results with his attacking brand of football.
- Pep Guardiola denies City are reliant on Rodri but the stats disagree
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Man Utd boss Ten Hag scoops Premier League MOTM award
- This Week In Football: Last-minute UWNL drama, Santos relegated & more
- Morning Mix: Arsenal face acid test at Villa, Chelsea boss has no excuses
- Arsenal or Liverpool: Who is better placed to beat Man City to the title?
- Copa America 2024 draw: Argentina to face Chile, Brazil and USMNT discover their groups
- Four reasons PSV Eindhoven are overtaking Ajax on and off the pitch
- Matip out for the rest of the season – what do Liverpool do now?
- How has extra added time changed Premier League results?