Stephanie Frappart will referee the upcoming international clash between England and Australia at Wembley Stadium.
The match is scheduled for Friday and will witness Frappart etching her name into history again.
Frappart will work with assistant referees Mikael Berchebru and Aurelien Drouet alongside fourth official Hakim Ben El Hadj.
In the VAR booth, Mathieu Vernice and Assistant VAR Nicolas Rainville will complete the line-up of French officials entrusted with overseeing the match.
Frappart’s career has been marked by a series of remarkable milestones.
Frappart subsequently made history by refereeing matches in the Champions League and Super Cup.
During the 2022 World Cup in Qatar, Frappart reached another pinnacle by becoming the first woman to officiate a men’s World Cup fixture.
She is now poised to achieve another historic feat by becoming the first female official to take charge of a men’s international match at the iconic Wembley Stadium.
The selection process for match officials for non-competitive internationals involves collaboration between football associations.
When the French Football Federation proposed Frappart’s availability, the FA embraced the opportunity.
Head of refereeing operations, Peter Elsworth, said (via the English FA’s official website): “Stephanie is an outstanding referee, and she has officiated on the highest stage within France, across Europe, and recently at the men’s and women’s FIFA World Cup.
“We’re delighted she and her team will take charge of our upcoming fixture against Australia in front of a sold-out crowd at Wembley Stadium, and we’re looking forward to welcoming them to the home of English football.”
This historic occasion not only celebrates Frappart’s remarkable career but also is a significant moment in the ongoing journey towards gender equality and inclusivity in football.
- Bundesliga Weekly: All the action as Frankfurt humiliate Bayern, Leverkusen & Stuttgart draw
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic returns to AC Milan as advisor & RedBird partner
- Arsenal in 2023: Best Player, Best XI, Best Goal & More
- Liverpool keen to sign Maximilian Beier, £25m summer transfer likely
- Girona smash Barcelona to top La Liga: Can they win the league?
- The six best Premier League signings of the season so far
- Manchester City back on track after 2-1 victory over Luton Town
- Aston Villa 1-0 Arsenal: Bailey goal extends Villains’ unbeaten home run
- Pep Guardiola denies City are reliant on Rodri but the stats disagree
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups