Barcelona cannot catch a break with injuries this season as their list continues to grow, with Jules Kounde the latest victim.
The Catalans were still reeling from Robert Lewandowski’s injury against Porto, and have been rocked further by Kounde’s latest setback.
The Frenchman was forced off before half-time in the La Liga fixture against Granada last night following an unexpected collision with his teammate Gavi.
Diario Sport has shed light on the extent of the injury, stating that Kounde will be sidelined for up to five weeks.
He will miss a set of crucial fixtures, including El Clasico against Real Madrid at the end of this month.
Lamine Yamal handed Barcelona another injury scare during the game against Granada, but he is expected to be fit after the international break.
The 16-year-old, who became La Liga’s youngest-ever scorer last night, will travel with the Spain squad for the upcoming friendlies and will be examined by the national team staff.
Frenkie de Jong, Raphinha and Lewandowski are almost ruled out of the game against Madrid, but Pedri is expected to complete his recovery by the end of the international break.
The situation is alarming, as Xavi will head into the upcoming games with a depleted squad.
The injuries are starting to take a toll on the club’s performances, with Barca recording two draws in their last three games in La Liga, including the one against Granada.
Granada stunned the reigning champions with two quick goals, but Xavi’s side secured a 2-2 draw with the help of strikes from Yamal and Sergi Roberto.
- Manchester City back on track after 2-1 victory over Luton Town
- Aston Villa 1-0 Arsenal: Bailey goal extends Villains’ unbeaten home run
- Pep Guardiola denies City are reliant on Rodri but the stats disagree
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Man Utd boss Ten Hag scoops Premier League MOTM award
- This Week In Football: Last-minute UWNL drama, Santos relegated & more
- Morning Mix: Arsenal face acid test at Villa, Chelsea boss has no excuses
- Arsenal or Liverpool: Who is better placed to beat Man City to the title?
- Copa America 2024 draw: Argentina to face Chile, Brazil and USMNT discover their groups
- Four reasons PSV Eindhoven are overtaking Ajax on and off the pitch