Tottenham Hotspur manager Ange Postecoglou has confirmed that injured duo Brennan Johnson and Manor Solomon will miss the weekend trip to Luton Town.
Solomon was the latest player added to Spurs’ expanding injury list that already features key players, including Ivan Perisic, who is ruled out for the remainder of the season with an anterior cruciate ligament problem.
Postecoglou confirmed that the Israeli winger will spend a significant period in the treatment room after suffering a meniscus injury to his right knee in training this week.
However, Spurs have also been offered a reprieve on the injury front, with the Australian tactician confirming that dynamic duo Heung-min Son and James Maddison are fit to face the relegation contenders this weekend.
“I guess the main one is Manor Solomon,” Postecoglou said in his pre-match press conference.
“He picked up an injury during the week unfortunately, and will put him out for a little while, which is disappointing for him, disappointing for us.
“He has already contributed significantly this year and was growing into the role we want him to play.
“Brennan will still be out for this weekend, but hopefully he should be okay after the international break, and then everyone else is okay.”
Last weekend’s victory over Liverpool has been the major talking point of the past week amid a VAR controversy that saw a Luis Diaz goal incorrectly ruled out for offside.
When asked if he would have given Liverpool a goal back, Postecoglou said: “It’s a little bit of a weird one because usually when something major happens, you get a sense of it during the game.
“I don’t think anyone really had a sense that something significant had happened, maybe just focused on the game.
“We’ve got pretty hefty responsibilities at our football clubs, but we’re not the custodians.
“I wouldn’t make a decision that could potentially send your club down on the back of what my beliefs are.”
- Pep Guardiola denies City are reliant on Rodri but the stats disagree
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Man Utd boss Ten Hag scoops Premier League MOTM award
- This Week In Football: Last-minute UWNL drama, Santos relegated & more
- Morning Mix: Arsenal face acid test at Villa, Chelsea boss has no excuses
- Arsenal or Liverpool: Who is better placed to beat Man City to the title?
- Copa America 2024 draw: Argentina to face Chile, Brazil and USMNT discover their groups
- Four reasons PSV Eindhoven are overtaking Ajax on and off the pitch
- Matip out for the rest of the season – what do Liverpool do now?
- How has extra added time changed Premier League results?