Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag has expressed his confidence in star forward Marcus Rashford, insisting there are no doubts about his ability to regain his scoring touch.
The Red Devils forward was in electrifying form last season, netting an impressive 30 goals.
His remarkable performances earned him the Sir Matt Busby and Players’ Player of the Year awards for the 2022/23 season.
However, Rashford has made a slow start to the 2023/24 season, scoring just once.
Ten Hag believes that the dip in Rashford’s goalscoring output partly reflects the team’s overall performance.
Speaking ahead of their Brentford clash at Old Trafford this weekend, Ten Hag said (via Man United’s official website): “That is, of course, the team and him.
“It is both, so I am sure that you are always not at the same level. Of course, everyone knows the qualities of him, but also the opposition knows the qualities [of him].
“But if Rashy is doing the things right and the team is doing the things right, we will put him in the right places, and then it is up to him.”
The Dutch manager pointed out that Rashford has been getting into promising positions lately.
“We have seen in the last few weeks that he is coming in the good positions, now he is struggling, but this will pass because everyone knows his qualities,” Ten Hag added.
Ten Hag emphasised the unwavering support Rashford receives from the entire United team and the club’s fanbase.
“Everyone at Man United supports him, and the whole team is supportive of him, believes in him,” Ten Hag said.
“So I am sure, with that confidence and belief, that the team is behind him. This will change, and it will pass.”
- Overrated & Underrated in 2023 – Aston Villa, Arsenal, Liverpool and more
- Bundesliga Weekly: All the action as Frankfurt humiliate Bayern, Leverkusen & Stuttgart draw
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic returns to AC Milan as advisor & RedBird partner
- Arsenal in 2023: Best Player, Best XI, Best Goal & More
- Liverpool keen to sign Maximilian Beier, £25m summer transfer likely
- Girona smash Barcelona to top La Liga: Can they win the league?
- The six best Premier League signings of the season so far
- Manchester City back on track after 2-1 victory over Luton Town
- Aston Villa 1-0 Arsenal: Bailey goal extends Villains’ unbeaten home run
- Pep Guardiola denies City are reliant on Rodri but the stats disagree