The Eagles are without several key players including Eberechi Eze, who could be out for around six weeks after suffering a hamstring injury against Manchester United.
Michael Olise has been out since the summer when he suffered an injury on duty for the France Under-21 team.
Another yet to feature this season for Palace is the new signing from Flamengo, Matheus Franca.
Hodgson said: (via Palace’s official website): “He (Eze) has got a hamstring problem – he has had a scan on it, and obviously we will have to wait on a second scan, but it is a serious injury.
“Michael Olise is another one we have to wait on. Two of our most creative players. We are going to have to wait for a period of time, and it could even be a considerable period of time.”
“The good news with Matheus Franca is that he is no longer injured, and he is free to join the squad.
“On Monday, he was free to join in as a spare player, not taking part in the actual thrust of football.”
Despite Franca having a small training session, Hodgson said he cannot join full training and needs to be monitored for around two weeks before they decide how to integrate him.
With the mounting injuries, Hodgson backed his other players to step up and perform in the coming games.
He said he has been happy with their performances and that injuries are regular occurrences, but they must soldier on.
- Pep Guardiola denies City are reliant on Rodri but the stats disagree
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Man Utd boss Ten Hag scoops Premier League MOTM award
- This Week In Football: Last-minute UWNL drama, Santos relegated & more
- Morning Mix: Arsenal face acid test at Villa, Chelsea boss has no excuses
- Arsenal or Liverpool: Who is better placed to beat Man City to the title?
- Copa America 2024 draw: Argentina to face Chile, Brazil and USMNT discover their groups
- Four reasons PSV Eindhoven are overtaking Ajax on and off the pitch
- Matip out for the rest of the season – what do Liverpool do now?
- How has extra added time changed Premier League results?