Former Tottenham Hotspur striker Harry Kane will reunite with his ex-teammates as he bids a proper farewell to the club next week, according to the Daily Mail.
The England international left Spurs in a high-profile £120 million transfer to Bayern Munich this summer.
The move ended his remarkable career with the north London club, where he became their all-time leading goalscorer with 280 goals.
However, Kane’s summer switch to Bayern prevented him from personally saying goodbye to the players and staff he had grown close to during his time at Tottenham.
The transfer was finalised on the evening of August 10, leaving Kane with no opportunity for in-person farewells to his colleagues.
The morning after the transfer deal was agreed, Kane asked to train with his Tottenham teammates one final time before his departure.
This request was made as Spurs manager Ange Postecoglou prepared the squad for their Premier League opener against Brentford on August 13.
However, Tottenham denied Kane access to training that day, citing its inappropriateness and the risk of potential injury that could jeopardise the move.
Kane will now have the chance to link up with his former colleagues as he returns to Tottenham’s Enfield headquarters next week.
This opportunity arises because the England national team will train at the club’s facility ahead of their 2024 European Championship qualifier against Italy on October 17.
The England squad will initially train at their regular base in Burton at the start of the week before travelling to north London for their friendly against Australia.
Following that match, Gareth Southgate’s side will use Tottenham’s training ground in preparation for the game against Italy on Tuesday night.
The availability of players and coaching staff remains uncertain due to the international break, but Kane is determined to bid his goodbyes.
- Manchester City back on track after 2-1 victory over Luton Town
- Aston Villa 1-0 Arsenal: Bailey goal extends Villains’ unbeaten home run
- Pep Guardiola denies City are reliant on Rodri but the stats disagree
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Man Utd boss Ten Hag scoops Premier League MOTM award
- This Week In Football: Last-minute UWNL drama, Santos relegated & more
- Morning Mix: Arsenal face acid test at Villa, Chelsea boss has no excuses
- Arsenal or Liverpool: Who is better placed to beat Man City to the title?
- Copa America 2024 draw: Argentina to face Chile, Brazil and USMNT discover their groups
- Four reasons PSV Eindhoven are overtaking Ajax on and off the pitch