The 24-year-old American international debuted for the Premier League outfit late last month, following his move from Leeds United during the summer transfer window.
Adams had been sidelined for an extended period as he has been grappling with the nagging hamstring issue since March.
However, he finally made his debut when he made a cameo appearance off the bench in Bournemouth’s League Cup clash against Stoke City on September 27.
Unfortunately, his return was short-lived, as he was absent from the squad during the Cherries’ recent 4-0 Premier League defeat to Arsenal.
Addressing the situation ahead of their weekend showdown against Everton, Bournemouth manager Andoni Iraola shed light on Adams’ situation.
Adams will not be in the squad for the upcoming fixture at Goodison Park as the team seeks their first Premier League victory.
Iraola told Bournemouth’s official website): “With Tyler, we don’t expect him back on the pitch anytime soon. We’re consulting with various specialists to determine the best course of action.
“We haven’t reached a decision yet, but regardless of the path we choose, we’re bracing ourselves for an extended absence.
“It’s the same hamstring issue he’s been grappling with since his arrival. He attempted a comeback against Stoke, but he didn’t feel comfortable.
“We had to halt his progress as it became evident that something wasn’t right. Now, we’re evaluating alternative solutions to ensure his recovery is managed correctly. We’re leaving no stone unturned.”
Despite the setback, Iraola commended the depth of his squad, singling out Lewis Cook and Joe Rothwell as valuable cover in Adams’ absence.
The Cherries will hope to secure their first Premier League win of the season without their American midfielder when they face Everton in their upcoming clash.
- Pep Guardiola denies City are reliant on Rodri but the stats disagree
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Man Utd boss Ten Hag scoops Premier League MOTM award
- This Week In Football: Last-minute UWNL drama, Santos relegated & more
- Morning Mix: Arsenal face acid test at Villa, Chelsea boss has no excuses
- Arsenal or Liverpool: Who is better placed to beat Man City to the title?
- Copa America 2024 draw: Argentina to face Chile, Brazil and USMNT discover their groups
- Four reasons PSV Eindhoven are overtaking Ajax on and off the pitch
- Matip out for the rest of the season – what do Liverpool do now?
- How has extra added time changed Premier League results?