Sheffield Wednesday announced the departure of Xisco Munoz as their manager in a statement released yesterday evening.
According to The Star, German coach Danny Rohl has emerged as a potential candidate for the job.
The news of Munoz’s departure after only ten games has left fans speculating about the potential candidates to fill the vacant managerial position.
The Owls’ statement confirmed Munoz’s exit after failing to win a single game and revealed that the club had started the process of appointing a new manager.
One name on Sheffield Wednesday’s shortlist is Rohl.
He reportedly made a significant impression on Owls owner Dejphon Chansiri during their managerial interview process before Munoz got the job.
Although it remains uncertain whether Rohl is still under consideration, his recent departure from the role of assistant manager alongside Hansi Flick with the German national team last month has left him available for new opportunities.
Rohl boasts an impressive resume as an assistant manager. He began his coaching journey in the youth ranks at RB Leipzig in his early 20s, following a playing career cut short by injury.
He joined Southampton as Ralph Hasenhuttl’s assistant manager in 2018 before taking on the same role at Bayern Munich a year later, ultimately transitioning into international football alongside Flick.
However, Rohl is not the only contender in the mix. According to Rob Staton, Nathan Jones was previously considered a potential candidate.
However, the timing may not align with his availability, making him an unlikely choice.
As the process to appoint a new manager appears to be moving swiftly, other names in the running remain undisclosed.
Wednesday fans will eagerly await further updates on this developing story as they look to kickstart their season and avoid relegation back to League One.
- Manchester City back on track after 2-1 victory over Luton Town
- Aston Villa 1-0 Arsenal: Bailey goal extends Villains’ unbeaten home run
- Pep Guardiola denies City are reliant on Rodri but the stats disagree
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Man Utd boss Ten Hag scoops Premier League MOTM award
- This Week In Football: Last-minute UWNL drama, Santos relegated & more
- Morning Mix: Arsenal face acid test at Villa, Chelsea boss has no excuses
- Arsenal or Liverpool: Who is better placed to beat Man City to the title?
- Copa America 2024 draw: Argentina to face Chile, Brazil and USMNT discover their groups
- Four reasons PSV Eindhoven are overtaking Ajax on and off the pitch