Tottenham Hotspur have been dealt a major injury blow, with Manor Solomon facing up to three months on the sidelines, according to reporter Raz Amir.
Solomon reportedly picked up what is understood to be a torn meniscus during training and could spend an extended period nursing the problem in the treatment room.
The 24-year-old’s injury setback will come as a huge blow for Tottenham, who already have a couple of key players confined to the hospital.
Israel will also be affected by the injury blow, with Solomon now expected to miss their 2024 European Championship qualifiers in October and November.
Their schedule for this month includes matches against Switzerland and Kosovo, followed by fixtures against Romania and Andorra the following month.
They currently sit third in Group I, just one point behind Romania and three adrift of group leaders Switzerland.
The result of their fixtures later this month could bear great consequences for their Euro 2024 ambitions, but they will have to carry on without Solomon.
The Tottenham man has been in decent form for his country, bagging a goal and an assist in the qualifiers. He has also created one big chance and averages 2.5 key passes per 90 in the tournament.
Spurs will miss Solomon’s trickery and flair on the left flank, with the Israeli forward registering two assists in five Premier League games since signing a five-year contract.
Ange Postecoglou’s side are already without Brennan Johnson and Ivan Perisic for the trip to Luton Town this weekend, and Solomon adds to their expanding list of absentees.
Johnson will miss the game due to a hamstring issue, while Perisic is out for the rest of the season after suffering an anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) injury in training last month.
Tottenham are extremely light on options in the attacking areas but should be able to get past Town at the weekend, maintaining their unbeaten start to the season in the process.
- Pep Guardiola denies City are reliant on Rodri but the stats disagree
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Man Utd boss Ten Hag scoops Premier League MOTM award
- This Week In Football: Last-minute UWNL drama, Santos relegated & more
- Morning Mix: Arsenal face acid test at Villa, Chelsea boss has no excuses
- Arsenal or Liverpool: Who is better placed to beat Man City to the title?
- Copa America 2024 draw: Argentina to face Chile, Brazil and USMNT discover their groups
- Four reasons PSV Eindhoven are overtaking Ajax on and off the pitch
- Matip out for the rest of the season – what do Liverpool do now?
- How has extra added time changed Premier League results?