Johnson picked up a hamstring injury in Tottenham’s pulsating 2-2 draw with Arsenal and has been out of action since then.
The 22-year-old attacker missed their controversial 2-1 win over nine-man Liverpool, and it looks like he will be out for a considerable period.
Johnson will miss the friendly against Gibraltar next Wednesday and their 2024 European Championship qualifier against Croatia the following Sunday.
There is no stipulated time for his return to action, but he will be a massive miss for Wales. Johnson has bagged two goals and three assists in 22 appearances for the national team.
Wales are three points behind Croatia in the group and will be looking to close the gap while pulling away from Armenia, who they are level on points with.
Johnson will also miss Tottenham’s clash with Luton Town this weekend. All eyes will be on Spurs boss Ange Postecoglou as he offers an update on the forward on Friday.
He will confirm if Johnson will be back in time for Spurs’ first game after the international break as they take on Fulham on October 23.
Johnson joined Spurs this summer from Nottingham Forest for around £47.5 million but has yet to make a serious impact at the club.
Spurs have several other injury concerns in their squad ahead of the clash with Luton.
Tottenham will be without Ivan Perisic, Bryan Gil, Rodrigo Bentancur, Ryan Sessegnon and Giovani Lo Celso.
Despite the absentees, Spurs will back themselves to beat the Premier League newcomers.
- Pep Guardiola denies City are reliant on Rodri but the stats disagree
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Man Utd boss Ten Hag scoops Premier League MOTM award
- This Week In Football: Last-minute UWNL drama, Santos relegated & more
- Morning Mix: Arsenal face acid test at Villa, Chelsea boss has no excuses
- Arsenal or Liverpool: Who is better placed to beat Man City to the title?
- Copa America 2024 draw: Argentina to face Chile, Brazil and USMNT discover their groups
- Four reasons PSV Eindhoven are overtaking Ajax on and off the pitch
- Matip out for the rest of the season – what do Liverpool do now?
- How has extra added time changed Premier League results?