Bayern Munich winger Leroy Sane has reportedly piqued the interest of Spanish giants Barcelona and Real Madrid.
According to Sport Bild, both clubs are eyeing a potential summer transfer for the 27-year-old, whose contract expires in 2025.
Sane has endured a relatively underwhelming three-year spell at Bayern but has recently been in the form of his life.
The German international has emerged as a vital contributor to Thomas Tuchel’s side, bagging six goals in ten appearances across all competitions this season.
His ability to be a difference-maker has not gone unnoticed, sparking interest from the La Liga heavyweights.
Madrid are keen on securing Sane’s services. The club is searching for a right-sided forward, and Sane’s versatility and skillset make him an appealing target.
With their financial capabilities, Madrid could be in a strong position to make a move for the winger.
By contrast, Barcelona’s precarious financial situation may hinder their ability to pursue Sane.
The Catalan club faces financial challenges that could potentially limit their transfer activity.
However, their interest in the Bayern star demonstrates how highly regarded he is by top European clubs.
Despite Sane’s outstanding performances, Bundesliga champions Bayern have yet to initiate contract negotiations for an extension.
With Sane’s deal running down, the summer of 2024 will be pivotal in his career. He faces a critical decision – sign an extension with Bayern or explore new horizons with one of the Spanish giants.
If Barcelona or Madrid secure his signature, it would mark a significant transfer coup for either club.
- Manchester City back on track after 2-1 victory over Luton Town
- Aston Villa 1-0 Arsenal: Bailey goal extends Villains’ unbeaten home run
- Pep Guardiola denies City are reliant on Rodri but the stats disagree
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Man Utd boss Ten Hag scoops Premier League MOTM award
- This Week In Football: Last-minute UWNL drama, Santos relegated & more
- Morning Mix: Arsenal face acid test at Villa, Chelsea boss has no excuses
- Arsenal or Liverpool: Who is better placed to beat Man City to the title?
- Copa America 2024 draw: Argentina to face Chile, Brazil and USMNT discover their groups
- Four reasons PSV Eindhoven are overtaking Ajax on and off the pitch