The Cityzens head into the fixture looking to make it two wins from two games in the 2023/24 Champions League campaign, building on their previous 3-1 victory over Red Star Belgrade.
Ahead of their visit to familiar foes Leipzig, Man City manager Pep Guardiola has delivered news on the injury front that will undoubtedly delight the club faithful.
The Spaniard acknowledged that Bernardo Silva and John Stones, who have been missing from action due to injury problems, will make the trip to the Red Bull Arena tomorrow.
Silva has not featured for the defending champions since picking up a knock in the Champions League curtain raiser, while Stones is yet to make an appearance since the Community Shield defeat to Arsenal in August.
Both players have returned to training and will travel with the rest of the squad, but whether or not they will play a part in tomorrow’s contest remains to be seen.
“They feel better – Bernardo better than John,” Guardiola said in his pre-match press conference.
“Both travel and we are going to decide tomorrow. Really happy that they’re back.
“John couldn’t play one minute this season, and Bernardo had a pre-season with the birth of his beautiful daughter and also was injured a little bit, with disruptions, which made it a little bit longer.
“But they’re back, which is good news for us.”
Guardiola also confirmed that Rodri will return to the fold after missing games against Wolverhampton Wanderers and Newcastle United, as his three-match ban does not apply to European tournaments.
The Spanish holding midfielder will also sit out next weekend’s trip to Arsenal, where he will serve his final match ban, but his return will come as a boost to the Cityzens.
Guardiola will be keen for his side to return to winning ways in Germany after recording consecutive defeats in all competitions for the first time this season.
- Morning Mix: Kelleher must shine for Liverpool, time running out for Burnley manager
- This Week In Football: Dortmund conquer the group of death, Tigres lift sixth title in six years & more
- Big update on ‘excellent’ Arsenal star, agreement ‘expected’ in due course
- Top 10 football predictions for 2024
- Preview: Manchester City vs Tottenham Hotspur – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Newcastle United vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Maguire & Sterling nominated for November Premier League POTM award
- Ten Hag, Howe, Iraola, Edwards up for Premier League MOTM award
- Man City FFP trial scheduled for late next year
- Three positives from Manchester United’s disappointing 3-3 draw against Galatasaray