Rangers are reportedly eyeing a move for Preston North End’s Ryan Lowe to become their new manager.
The club recently parted company with Michael Beale following a series of poor results.
Steven Davis is their interim manager, but they want a permanent replacement for Beale soon.
According to the Daily Record, Lowe has emerged as a contender for the important vacancy at Ibrox.
The club’s chief executive James Bisgrove has made ‘tentative enquiries’ over the financial outlay required to appoint Lowe.
The 45-year-old has led Preston to an impressive start this season. The Lilywhites are currently sitting third in the Championship standings after winning six of their nine matches.
Lowe joined the Lancashire outfit in 2021 after guiding Plymouth Argyle to promotion from League Two.
Preston have finished 13th and 12th in the Championship under Lowe in the last two seasons.
He has a reputation for playing an attacking brand of football, something which would be very appealing for Rangers fans.
But the Gers have only finished second in the Scottish Premiership table in the past two seasons.
They have made a miserable start this season, losing against Kilmarnock, Celtic and Aberdeen to drop down to third in the table.
It is still early in the campaign and they can make a comeback. But they need a top manager to inspire them to a good run of results.
- Pep Guardiola denies City are reliant on Rodri but the stats disagree
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Man Utd boss Ten Hag scoops Premier League MOTM award
- This Week In Football: Last-minute UWNL drama, Santos relegated & more
- Morning Mix: Arsenal face acid test at Villa, Chelsea boss has no excuses
- Arsenal or Liverpool: Who is better placed to beat Man City to the title?
- Copa America 2024 draw: Argentina to face Chile, Brazil and USMNT discover their groups
- Four reasons PSV Eindhoven are overtaking Ajax on and off the pitch
- Matip out for the rest of the season – what do Liverpool do now?
- How has extra added time changed Premier League results?