RB Salzburg’s teenage talent Oscar Gloukh is one of the most highly-coveted youngsters in Europe following his incredible progress over the past few months.
The Israeli sensation was on Barcelona’s radar, but their attempts to sign him in January ended in vain after Salzburg snapped him up from Maccabi Tel Aviv for around €7 million.
The Catalan giants kept their interest alive until the summer, but a deal failed to materialise.
The 19-year-old has reiterated that Barca were too late to approach him when everything was sorted out with Salzburg.
He also revealed that he has been a long-term admirer of arch-rivals Real Madrid and cites the move as the highest point of his career.
“Barcelona remembered me when we already had everything closed with Salzburg,” said Gloukh (h/t Marca).
“I have been a Madrid fan since I can remember. My biggest dream is to play at the Bernabeu with the Real shirt. It would be the pinnacle for me.”
Gloukh may not have to wait long to achieve such aspirations as his career has been on a stellar rise.
After bursting onto the scene with an impressive tournament in the U21 European Championship – where Israel reached the semi-finals – Gloukh has carried on his impressive form this season.
Gloukh garnered further attention after scoring in the Austrian side’s Champions League opener against Benfica, thus surpassing Manor Solomon as the youngest Israeli scorer in the competition’s history.
Already garnering three goals in eight senior appearances, Gloukh has been tipped as the future of the Israeli national team. He has the potential to transcend some of the nation’s historic players.
Madrid have been focusing on signing some of the best talents from across the globe in recent years, such as Eduardo Camavinga, Jude Bellingham and Arda Guler.
On that basis, it will be no surprise if Gloukh has caught Madrid’s attention.
The young attacking midfielder will be in action tomorrow when Salzburg host Real Sociedad in the Champions League.
- Manchester City back on track after 2-1 victory over Luton Town
- Aston Villa 1-0 Arsenal: Bailey goal extends Villains’ unbeaten home run
- Pep Guardiola denies City are reliant on Rodri but the stats disagree
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Man Utd boss Ten Hag scoops Premier League MOTM award
- This Week In Football: Last-minute UWNL drama, Santos relegated & more
- Morning Mix: Arsenal face acid test at Villa, Chelsea boss has no excuses
- Arsenal or Liverpool: Who is better placed to beat Man City to the title?
- Copa America 2024 draw: Argentina to face Chile, Brazil and USMNT discover their groups
- Four reasons PSV Eindhoven are overtaking Ajax on and off the pitch