Bayern Munich goalkeeper Manuel Neuer has issued a positive update on his injury status.
Since suffering a fractured leg last December, Neuer has been on the sidelines, missing a total of 22 games.
While it is still unclear whether Neuer will feature this term, the German has revealed that things are looking good with respect to his recovery.
“I’m doing well – I’m happy to come and train at Säbener Straße every day,” Neuer told Bayern’s official website.
“The rehab is going very well – we’re satisfied. The last x-rays also looked good.
“I’m enjoying taking a step forward every day. We’re all optimistic.”
“The goalkeeper-specific exercises that we do indoors are working very well. I can already ride my bike again without any problems and also do most of the weight training exercises.
“In addition, I’m currently training on the AlterG (anti-gravity treadmill, which helps the user to run under reduced body weight).”
In the absence of Neuer, Yann Sommer was brought in during the January transfer window to feature between the sticks for Bayern.
However, Neuer’s potential return to action is set to create a selection headache for Thomas Tuchel, although the Bayern skipper is largely expected to reclaim his starting spot with Sommer not doing enough to stake a significant claim to be the number one.
In the meantime, Neuer is looking forward to his side’s retention of their league crown after revealing that he was in constant contact with his teammates.
“We see each other every day at Säbener Straße and chat a lot,” the 37-year-old added.
“It’s in our own hands again now. I’m sure we’ll be champions.”
- Pep Guardiola denies City are reliant on Rodri but the stats disagree
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Man Utd boss Ten Hag scoops Premier League MOTM award
- This Week In Football: Last-minute UWNL drama, Santos relegated & more
- Morning Mix: Arsenal face acid test at Villa, Chelsea boss has no excuses
- Arsenal or Liverpool: Who is better placed to beat Man City to the title?
- Copa America 2024 draw: Argentina to face Chile, Brazil and USMNT discover their groups
- Four reasons PSV Eindhoven are overtaking Ajax on and off the pitch
- Matip out for the rest of the season – what do Liverpool do now?
- How has extra added time changed Premier League results?