The deal also includes a buyout clause set at €1 billion. The contract renewal ceremony took place this morning at the Ciutat Esportiva Joan Gamper.
The Barcelona faithful will be happy to see the young star commit his future to the club.
Yamal’s meteoric rise has been remarkable. He made history in April as Barcelona’s youngest-ever player and has seamlessly transitioned into the first team despite his tender age of just 16.
He has consistently impressed whenever called upon this season, with his recent performances hinting at a bright future.
With Raphinha sidelined due to a hamstring injury for the next few weeks, Yamal will likely get more opportunities in the starting line-up.
However, Barca head coach Xavi Hernandez remains cautious about overburdening the young star to prevent injury or burnout.
Yamal’s ascent through the ranks has drawn comparisons to the legendary Lionel Messi, who graduated from La Masia in 2004.
His performances have earned him a call-up to the Spanish national team.
During a fixture against Georgia, Yamal made history by becoming the youngest player to represent Spain. He also became the youngest goalscorer for La Roja.
Yamal will be looking forward to more game time in the coming weeks to celebrate his contract extension as he further solidifies his status as one of the brightest prospects in football.
- Manchester City back on track after 2-1 victory over Luton Town
- Aston Villa 1-0 Arsenal: Bailey goal extends Villains’ unbeaten home run
- Pep Guardiola denies City are reliant on Rodri but the stats disagree
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Man Utd boss Ten Hag scoops Premier League MOTM award
- This Week In Football: Last-minute UWNL drama, Santos relegated & more
- Morning Mix: Arsenal face acid test at Villa, Chelsea boss has no excuses
- Arsenal or Liverpool: Who is better placed to beat Man City to the title?
- Copa America 2024 draw: Argentina to face Chile, Brazil and USMNT discover their groups
- Four reasons PSV Eindhoven are overtaking Ajax on and off the pitch