Paris Saint-Germain are close to reaching an agreement with Warren Zaire-Emery over a contract extension, according to Fabrizio Romano.
Zaire-Emery became PSG’s youngest-ever debutant on the opening day of last season when he made his debut. He made 26 league appearances, although only eight came from the start.
However, Zaire-Emery has become a regular this term, starting all of PSG’s six Ligue 1 games under Luis Enrique.
“I am so lucky to get here and have a player of his quality,” Enrique said (via RMC Sport).
“He played a lot under Christophe Galtier last season and is a good example of a player who comes out of the academy and what you should be like.
“He is humble, works hard, is very intelligent and always links up well with his teammates, which is so important for us. So all we can do is enjoy Warren Zaire-Emery in every match and training session.”
The 17-year-old recently captained the France Under-21 side, highlighting how much his stock has risen over the last 18 months.
PSG unsurprisingly want to tie him down to a new deal despite having just handed him his first professional contract in July 2022.
In addition to his heroics on the pitch, Zaire-Emery is fast becoming a popular figure off it.
He was at the forefront of PSG’s celebrations with their supporters following Sunday’s convincing victory in Le Classique.
- Bundesliga Weekly: Dortmund & Leverkusen share the spoils, Leipzig re-enter the title race
- Man United to ratify Sir Jim Ratcliffe stake purchase next week
- Manchester United’s disturbing trend – repeated failures against top Premier League contenders
- Newcastle’s top four hopes take huge hit with Nick Pope out for five months
- Stats prove Man City’s Rodri has been far better than Arsenal’s Declan Rice this season
- Manchester City’s title defence gets tougher as Arsenal and Liverpool soar
- Euro 2024 Power Rankings – Who are the early favourites in Germany?
- FA Cup third round draw: Arsenal face Liverpool, Tottenham host Burnley
- European Championship 2024 draw: England, Scotland, France & Germany discover group stage opponents
- Can Salah close the gap on Haaland in the Premier League Golden Boot race?