The former Real Madrid boss has been out of management since 2021, but his future has remained a constant subject of speculation.
Zidane’s dream has been landing a managerial job at the French national team, but a move never materialised.
The serial Champions League winner is now ready to take the reins at Les Phoceens, but the report adds the move is only possible if Saudi Arabia completes a takeover of the French club.
Zidane has approval to be in charge of recruitment and to spend around €300 million as a transfer budget if he moves to the Velodrome.
However, the biggest hurdle will be convincing Marseille owner Frank McCourt, who has resisted the sale of the club for a long time.
Les Phoceens faithful will be excited to hear about Zidane’s willingness to coach the club, as they have lacked a manager of such pedigree over the years.
With Paris Saint-Germain’s monopoly at the summit of Ligue 1 prevailing for a decade, a Saudi-backed ownership and a high-profile manager like Zidane is what Marseille need to become a powerhouse and win more titles.
Les Phoceens have experienced a turbulent start to the new season, with Marcelino stepping down from the head coach role just after seven games in charge after losing the trust of the fans.
The Ligue 1 giants have recently appointed former Valencia coach Gennaro Gattuso as their new manager.
- Pep Guardiola denies City are reliant on Rodri but the stats disagree
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Man Utd boss Ten Hag scoops Premier League MOTM award
- This Week In Football: Last-minute UWNL drama, Santos relegated & more
- Morning Mix: Arsenal face acid test at Villa, Chelsea boss has no excuses
- Arsenal or Liverpool: Who is better placed to beat Man City to the title?
- Copa America 2024 draw: Argentina to face Chile, Brazil and USMNT discover their groups
- Four reasons PSV Eindhoven are overtaking Ajax on and off the pitch
- Matip out for the rest of the season – what do Liverpool do now?
- How has extra added time changed Premier League results?