Real Madrid have been dealing with plenty of injuries this season but there could be some light at the end of the tunnel.
Their most recent victim was David Alaba, who was substituted in the first half against Las Palmas in midweek and could be out for around three to four weeks.
His centre-back partner Antonio Rudiger also sustained a knock in the same game, causing more concerns for Los Blancos and compounding the club’s injury crisis.
However, Madrid manager Carlo Ancelotti haw delivered a positive update on the duo, stating that Rudiger will be available for the weekend’s La Liga clash against Girona.
The Italian boss also shrugged off fears over the extent of Alaba’s injury, revealing that the former Bayern Munich star is likely to return to action for next week’s Champions League clash against Napoli.
“Rudiger will be back tomorrow and the Alaba thing is nothing serious – we will try to get him back for Tuesday against Naples,” Ancelotti said (h/t Marca).
Nacho and Rudiger are expected to be the centre-back pairing for the La Liga game against Girona. Dani Carvajal and Ferland Mendy recently recovered from injuries and should also play.
Vinicius Junior returned to action after a few weeks out in the 2-0 win over Las Palmas, coming on as a second-half substitute.
Ancelotti has also confirmed that the Brazilian will return to the starting XI against Girona.
The Spanish capital giants bounced back from their derby defeat against Atletico Madrid with a comprehensive victory over Las Palmas, with Brahim Diaz and Joselu scoring the goals.
Ancelotti’s men will lock horns with leaders Girona and will look to reclaim top spot.
- Manchester City back on track after 2-1 victory over Luton Town
- Aston Villa 1-0 Arsenal: Bailey goal extends Villains’ unbeaten home run
- Pep Guardiola denies City are reliant on Rodri but the stats disagree
- Preview: Aston Villa vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Man Utd boss Ten Hag scoops Premier League MOTM award
- This Week In Football: Last-minute UWNL drama, Santos relegated & more
- Morning Mix: Arsenal face acid test at Villa, Chelsea boss has no excuses
- Arsenal or Liverpool: Who is better placed to beat Man City to the title?
- Copa America 2024 draw: Argentina to face Chile, Brazil and USMNT discover their groups
- Four reasons PSV Eindhoven are overtaking Ajax on and off the pitch