Burnley have announced a contract extension for Brazilian defender Vitinho, tying him to the club until 2027.
The deal follows a trend of Burnley securing the services of key players, reflecting the club’s ambition in the wake of their successful promotion from the Championship.
Manuel Benson, Josh Cullen and Anass Zaroury have also penned new deals. The managerial position is similarly stable, with Vincent Kompany agreeing to a new five-year contract in May.
This announcement came on the heels of Burnley’s stunning Championship win, cementing their return to the top flight of English football.
Vitinho’s journey with Burnley began last summer when he switched from Belgian club Cercle Brugge for an undisclosed fee.
He made 41 appearances last term, playing an integral role in Burnley’s promotion campaign.
Vitinho said (via Burnley’s official website): “I’m really pleased to extend my contract here. I have enjoyed every minute of being at Burnley and can’t wait to see what the future holds.
“The fans have been amazing to me and made me feel welcome ever since I joined. I look forward to making more special memories with them.”
This commitment from Vitinho and other key players underscores Burnley’s determination to compete at the highest level of English football.
With a stable managerial figure and a core of talented players, Burnley fans can eagerly anticipate an exciting future as the Clarets continue their journey in the Premier League.
However, if they want to continue their stay in the top flight, they will need to start winning games.
Burnley have picked up one point this season and will hope to start their revival this weekend when they take on Newcastle United at St James’ Park.
- Morning Mix: Kelleher must shine for Liverpool, time running out for Burnley manager
- This Week In Football: Dortmund conquer the group of death, Tigres lift sixth title in six years & more
- Big update on ‘excellent’ Arsenal star, agreement ‘expected’ in due course
- Top 10 football predictions for 2024
- Preview: Manchester City vs Tottenham Hotspur – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Newcastle United vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Maguire & Sterling nominated for November Premier League POTM award
- Ten Hag, Howe, Iraola, Edwards up for Premier League MOTM award
- Man City FFP trial scheduled for late next year
- Three positives from Manchester United’s disappointing 3-3 draw against Galatasaray