Declan Rice was substituted midway through last Sunday’s game against Tottenham Hotspur, while Bukayo Saka also had to come off in the final stages of the game.
Both players were absent from the League Cup victory over Brentford last time out, alongside Gabriel Martinelli and Leandro Trossard.
“Rice had to leave the London Derby and he hasn’t trained yet,” Arteta said in his pre-match press conference.
“We have another session in an hour or two, so we’ll have more news about him today.
“Again, Martinelli hasn’t trained. We want him back, we need him back, but at the moment he’s not been available.
“Trossard – same situation. Saka – same situation.”
In the absence of several attacking options against Brentford, Reiss Nelson staked his claim for a place in the starting XI with an early goal and the Englishman could be set to retain his place in the line-up.
Arsenal have made a bright start to the season, having won five of their seven matches across all competitions.
However, the Gunners are four points adrift of Premier League leaders Manchester City after the opening six games.
With the duo scheduled to go head-to-head early next month, Arsenal will be keen to remain within touching distance of the defending champions, who they pushed all the way in last season’s title race.
This weekend’s clash against Bournemouth is followed by another away encounter against Lens in the Champions League group stage.
Arsenal welcome Man City to the Emirates Stadium in their final outing before the October international break.
- Morning Mix: Kelleher must shine for Liverpool, time running out for Burnley manager
- This Week In Football: Dortmund conquer the group of death, Tigres lift sixth title in six years & more
- Big update on ‘excellent’ Arsenal star, agreement ‘expected’ in due course
- Top 10 football predictions for 2024
- Preview: Manchester City vs Tottenham Hotspur – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Newcastle United vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Maguire & Sterling nominated for November Premier League POTM award
- Ten Hag, Howe, Iraola, Edwards up for Premier League MOTM award
- Man City FFP trial scheduled for late next year
- Three positives from Manchester United’s disappointing 3-3 draw against Galatasaray