Manchester United have announced that attacker Antony will resume training with the club and be available for selection.
The Red Devils had given the Brazilian winger a leave of absence to address the sexual misconduct and assault allegations levelled against him.
Antony has been away from the club since the last international break and will now look to return to action soon after his long absence.
“As Antony’s employer, Manchester United has decided that he will resume training at Carrington and be available for selection while police inquiries proceed. This will be kept under review pending further developments in the case.
“As a club, we condemn acts of violence and abuse. We recognise the importance of safeguarding all those involved in this situation and acknowledge the impact these allegations have on survivors of abuse.”
Antony has been a massive miss for Erik ten Hag’s side, with United lacking his threat from the right wing.
It did not help that Jadon Sancho was also sidelined from United’s first-team activities after refusing to apologise for a social media post.
United have struggled to find balance, using Facundo Pellistri and Bruno Fernandes on the right side of their attack.
United have lost crucial games to Brighton & Hove Albion and Bayern Munich in Antony’s absence, although they have bounced back with wins in their last two games.
They will hope to keep the momentum going when they take on Crystal Palace at Old Trafford this weekend.
This match may come too soon for Antony, but the former Ajax man will likely start making appearances in subsequent matches.
- Morning Mix: Kelleher must shine for Liverpool, time running out for Burnley manager
- This Week In Football: Dortmund conquer the group of death, Tigres lift sixth title in six years & more
- Big update on ‘excellent’ Arsenal star, agreement ‘expected’ in due course
- Top 10 football predictions for 2024
- Preview: Manchester City vs Tottenham Hotspur – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Newcastle United vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Maguire & Sterling nominated for November Premier League POTM award
- Ten Hag, Howe, Iraola, Edwards up for Premier League MOTM award
- Man City FFP trial scheduled for late next year
- Three positives from Manchester United’s disappointing 3-3 draw against Galatasaray